How to Prepare for Your Furniture Delivery
A little preparation and planning before your furniture is delivered can help prevent accidental damage to your home and goods as well as injury to people or pets.
Keep your pets safely away during delivery. Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash
Tips to prepare your home
1. Reposition existing furniture before the delivery truck arrives, as delivery contractors are unable to assist with re-arrangement of furniture.
2. Remove objects such as loose rugs, lamps, pictures, ornaments, toys, pot plants etc. along the delivery route which may impede delivery or cause damage.
3. Protect your floor, as the Health and Safety Act prevents carriers from removing their shoes while carrying furniture.
4. Keep children safely away from the delivery path.
5. Keep pets safely away during delivery, so that they don't escape or become a hazard to the delivery contractors.
6. Ensure that access to your home is safe for delivery contractors to carry your furniture. Under the Health and Safety Act delivery contractors are able to refuse delivery of goods if they believe it to put them at risk of injury.
7. Keep your driveway and entrance clear
8. If you have Body Corporate regulations and procedures, ensure the delivery company is notified in advance.
When the delivery truck arrives
Be mindful of light fittings, overhanging electrical cables and other fixtures, point these out to your delivery contractors.
Show the contractors where the furniture is to be placed and the best path to get there as this may not be the most direct path.
Be mindful that unless you have requested the additional services of package removal and furniture assembly at the time of selecting your delivery options, delivery contractors will not be able to assist with these tasks. Please note that delivery contractors work to a tight schedule and are not permitted to add on services at the time of delivery.
Let your consultant know if you require rubbish removal or furniture assembly with your delivery as these are an additional service.
Expecting delivery soon? Complete our Delivery Questionnaire so our delivery crew can prepare and know what to expect.